jeudi 20 août 2009

Alter Ego, Drama Queen, and Me.

An alter ego (Latin, "the other I") is a second self, a second personality or persona within a person. It was coined in the early nineteenth century when schizophrenia was first described by early psychologists.[1] A person with an alter ego is said to lead a double life.

Okay, not that serious. But dont you sometimes think that you have two parts, two (or more) personalities within you? I do. The first Adelia is the most positive girl in the world who always smiles and laughs and sings and feels good. The second one is the melodramatic Adelia. Its like umm, weird? Yeah call me a weirdo, because i am. When i'm having the melodramatic moments, seriously, you dont wanna know or get near me. I'll whine and complain and else. Wanna see a drama queen? You gotta see me. And when i'm done with that phase, i laugh and regret what ive done before. (okay my grammar sucks.)

That's what makes me suddenly feel guilty about one of my friends. Me and the other kids agree that she's soooo drama and hyperbolic. She tells us about her never ending love and life stories and it annoys us sooo damn much, especially me. But few days ago i had this thought, what if i'm just like this girl, what if i annoy my friends so much, just like her? I have no right to blame and hate her if i'm just the same kind of girl, right?

I called my fairly godmother, Ajay, immediately and told her what was on my mind. And like the others, she said "No, Adelia, stay calm, Youre way better than her." But somehow i just couldnt accept it just like that, i just feel guilty until now. What if the kind of girl that i hate is just her alter ego, just like me when having bad moments? Or maybe its just her? I have no idea.

Gosh, i thought i'll stop having these kind of things in my mind when i'm back home. I thought my senior year would be just all about studying. But i guess my teenage years are not over yet, or maybe it's just me? no idea.

Thats all for now,
Gros Bisous,
and i know my grammar sucks.
xoxoxo
Adelia

1 commentaire:

  1. I think it's just a normal mood swing, Adelia!
    we're adolescence, our mood are constantly changing, every time. and with all the drama that surrounded us, it's perfectly normal to be melodramatic.

    And as one of your listener, I never think you're hyperbolic or a lame drama queen.
    Feel free to share your drama with me. It doesn't annoy me at all. I can't give you good suggestions though, all I can do is listen.

    PS : I'm no longer using my blogspot. my official blog is my wordpress.

    Ciao, Adelia!

    RépondreSupprimer